Lulu Burt reviewed Findus, Food and Fun. Here is an extract from the review; thank you Lulu!
Findus, Food and Fun by Sven Nordqvist, Eva-Lena Larsson and Kennert Danielsson – review by Lulu Burt
Do you remember that I reviewed “Findus Plants Meatballs” back in May of this year? It got a lovely 4 star review from me. Well, the clever people at Hawthorn Press (hi Meredith!) have sent me their latest book in the Findus series, which is called Findus, Food & Fun, to review – can it go even better?
Each month features several projects, many of them seasonal and loads of them are outdoor projects and things to do in the garden so immediately I am interested! Even some of the indoor projects can be given a gardening twist as you will see below (although many are already garden and nature related). From nature activities to foraging, baking to crafting this book is perfect for kids like me. Here are some of my favourite things about this book:
- There are wonderful illustrations throughout the book making it bright and colourful.
- It features Findus the cat who I already love and who features in LOADS of books
- There are loads of projects to try each month
- It is packed full of fascinating facts on all sorts of subjects
- A lot of the projects just use up things you have lying around the house from old socks to beans, lollipop sticks to old bottles.
I have already tried out one of the projects which I have featured below but there are loads more I will be trying out including:
- Chocolate leaf garnish (pretty and yummy!)
- Rowanberry necklace
- Suet bell for birdies
- Magic tulips
I was so excited to get this book that I decided to make a project straight away. I chose to make the “yarn pompoms” from page 56. I just gave them a Lulu-style twist to make them even more relevant to me and my blog…
…I highly recommend Findus, Food & Fun. Maybe you could ask Santa for it for Christmas?
Here is my Lulu’s Book Review rating…
5 stars, yippee!
Happy reading and making everyone.
Hugs & kisses,
Read the full review, with lovely photos, here…