Simple steps for happy and confident children
For parents, grandparents, and people working with families who are interested in exploring:
- How to look after yourself
- How to acknowledge your child’s feelings and express your own
- Ages and stages – what behaviour to expect at different ages
- The meaning behind children’s behaviour
- How to ‘do’ child-led play
- Descriptive praise and key discipline strategies
Caroline Penney is a parenting educator, family therapist, nurse and grandmother. She draws on years of research and experience to show how to be a ‘good enough’ parent, with the skills for raising happy children. She ran the Empowering Parents Empowering Communities programme, as it ‘takes a village to raise a child’. The workshop will be practical, focused on participants questions with brief inputs and exercises.
- Cost £60, includes a copy of new book The Parenting Toolkit.
- Bring packed lunch: coffee and tea provided.
- Booking: contact the museum on 01453 763394
- 5 free places for those on low income/benefits: enquire at the booking stage.
Saturday 17th November 2018, 10am-4:30pm
Secret Garden, Museum in the Park, Stratford Park, Stroud GL5 4AF