‘Reminds us of the beauty and power of living song and movement. Nourishes children and adults alike as they share the music together.’ —Joan Almon, Alliance for Childhood
This Waldorf Games Handbook for playing and singing with young children contains 142 games including finger and clapping games, beanbag and skipping games, tumbling, water and chasing games, and story and singing games.
Throughout the book the games focus on children’s growth and development, and how this is expressed in movement and play. Each game is clearly and simply described, with diagrams and drawings for how to play it. Parents, teachers, forest school educators and play leaders will find this a must-have resource.
- Simple, practical, guide to playing 142 games with children
- Tried and tested, age appropriate, for engaging 3 to 7 year old children
- Traditional and new games specially created for today’s children as a digital antidote
- Fun! These games develop social, language, co-ordination and movement skills
- Must-have handbook for educators, play leaders and parents
- Draws on Waldorf kindergarten, Spatial Dynamics and creative early years education