A step by step guide to drawing forms for the four temperaments, a resource to use with children aged 6–12 years. This has a harmonizing, transformative and strengthening effect on child development. Creative form drawing supports many learning capabilities: improved hand to eye co-ordination, spatial orientation, observation skills, focusing attention, confident movement, drawing skills and the foundation skills for handwriting. Designed specifically by Angela Lord for the four temperaments, these exercises also strengthen personal growth. Originally suggested by Rudolf Steiner, creative form drawing is used widely in Steiner Waldorf Schools to support healthy child development and learning.
The features of the book include:
- Understanding and identifying the temperaments- the phlegmatic, choleric, sanguine and melancholic
- The purpose and benefits of form drawing for children
- How and why do specific form drawing exercises work?
- Overview and descriptions of the four temperaments
- Form Drawing exercises, lessons and teaching methods
- Clearly defined age related forms for each temperament
- Over 500 colourful, dynamic forms for drawing.
“We believe that Angela Lord’s workbooks are a very valuable investment and will carry a class teacher through Classes 1-6 without additional resources.” —Ann Gulbis and Paul White, Class teachers, Steiner Academy Frome
“I have found that the children’s work became more balanced, co-ordinated and harmonious. The children had a greater attention to detail with spacial awareness after doing these exercises.”—Victor Ray, class teacher at Michael Hall
“It should be an additional welcome tool for teachers, home educators and for anyone trying to work with the temperaments therapeutically.”—Winter 2019 newsletter of the Anthroposophical Society in Great Britain.