“The clear, well-explained text leads you through a series of exercises and techniques. The beginner will enjoy the discovery of colour. Teachers and therapists will value this resource with its sparkling insights.” —Anna Hubbard, Arts Foundation Course Tutor
The creative, healing power of colour affects us profoundly. Colour Dynamics reveals the essence of each colour, renewing your ability to see the world afresh. This leads to painting from the heart of each colour. You can feel with Paul Klee who said, “Colour has me, colour and I are one. I am a painter.”
Angela Lord invites you to deepen your grasp of colour with:
- handy tips on materials and painting skills
- exercises for transforming your colour experience
- inspiring themes for painting exercises, including rainbows, trees, flowers, landscapes and the four seasons
- striking experiments and painting ideas using after images, complementary colours, colour circles, colour enhancement, colour perspective and composition for creating visual impact
- clarifying your own colour insights using Goethe and Rudolf Steiner’s colour theories
She invites readers to develop their own colour insights with materials and techniques, exploring colours, painting rainbows, colour clashes, complementary colours, after-images, painting the colour circle and complementary colours, enhancing colours, a new colour circle, the interplay of light and dark, sunrise and sunset, colour dynamics and composition, an overview of colour through history, watercolour painting and the Steiner Waldorf curriculum, resources, glossary and references.
This is a useful resource for beginners, art students, painters, Waldorf teachers, art therapists, architects and interior designers. Steiner Waldorf teachers will find Colour Dynamics an up-to-date tried-and-tested educational resource.
Angela Lord is a painter, interior colour designer, muralist and art therapist. She has taught in state and Steiner schools, and has worked extensively with adults.